We are Nannies, Moms, Sitters, Agency Owners and Awkward Dancers.
We have decades of childcare, parenting, business and advocacy experience. Importantly, we use our expertise to transform the nanny industry. Between diaper changes and knock-knock jokes, we elevate the nanny industry as a professional trade. We also support families and nannies as our country struggles with high-quality, affordable childcare.
In 2019, a group of nanny industry leaders came together and founded the association to
- provide resources and tools that help families and nannies navigate the private employment of in-home childcare
- elevate the nanny industry so it’s equivalent to other professional trades
The association is here to help as parents and nannies struggle to navigate private employment for in-home child care.
The Time is Now
We welcome everyone. While our tools and resources focus on the childcare customs and employment laws in the US, we support nannies and families all over the world.
Most businesses and industries are facing increasing challenges with parents balancing work and childcare. So now is the time to elevate the nanny industry. Together, we can help.
Objectives & Values
Every Nanny and every Family is unique. Making it more complicated, the path to successful in-home childcare is challenging. Nannies may not have coworkers who can provide guidance. Families can’t use a standard job description. Thus, each step is customized with families and nannies relying on their peers, shared resources and past experiences. The US Nanny Association helps families navigate our industry.
Uplift the childcare community with programs, services, events and activities. Our services are chosen by active members of dedicated to nannies, parents, staffing agency owners and educators.
Promote inclusiveness and diversity in our membership, leadership, and staff. This commitment reflects our belief in the value of all childcare contributors.
- Collaborate with agencies, organizations, individuals, businesses and other entities. Together, we address the competing interests of higher wages for childcare professionals and the rising cost of childcare.
- Provide and share educational and informational resources. Our content and tips are based on proven childcare techniques, US laws, cultures and customs.
- Strengthen the skills of childcare professionals. We believe in both training and work experience. Nannies can advance their knowledge of child development, child safety, professionalism, leadership and other skills necessary for successful employment or entrepreneurship in the childcare industry.
- Amplify employer and family knowledge of childcare work standards. The National Nanny Standards create a childcare career path. These nanny standards strengthen employment rate discussions between parents and nannies.
You can learn more about our values and believes with our Professional Code of Conduct.
Serving Our Community
The US Nanny Association is large enough to serve you yet small enough to know you. Our members and volunteers drive our local events, online activities and shared resources. Members are encouraged to get involved. If you have an idea, event or resource and want to partner with us, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toys for Tots
Each year, we support Toys for Tots as our annual fundraiser. If you are able, please donate.
- Sitter or Nanny? US Nanny Association Launches Three Industry Credentials. EIN Presswire
- US Nanny Association Establishes National Nanny Standards. PR Newswire
We Collaborate with other Nanny Industry Associations
- The Australian Nanny Association is the first Australian association to represent all sections of the nanny industry.
- The Indian Nanny Association (INA) is a volunteer run, not for profit association for India’s professional nannies.
- The Swiss Nanny Association (SNA) is a non-profit organisation, founded to support nannies in Switzerland.